Sunday, September 27, 2015

FALL FAVORITES TAG

There's a fun Fall Favorites Tag video making its way around YouTube right now, one I first saw when a favorite beauty vlogger of mine, Jaclyn Hill, posted it to her channel (see below). The Fall Favorites Tag video, or in this case Tag blog, is a fun way to share your favorite Fall items! So check out mine and be sure to post one of your own, or let me know your Fall Favorites in the comments below and on my socials:
@treschicstaci on Instagram | Twitter 

Favorite Candle
Like the rest of the world I can't live without a new Bath and Body Works, 3-wick candle for Fall! My favorite this year is their Caramel Pumpkin Swirl that I've been burning every night since I got it. BBW describes the scent as a "sweet fall pairing of spicy pumpkin with rich, buttery caramel" - which is spot on! It's sweet and pumpkiny (if that's a word) and fills my entire house with the warm yummy scent. Love it! 























Favorite Lip Color
Fall makes me think of apple picking and a lip color in a juicy red is perfect for this season! I recently wore this combo and love it for Fall: Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Rapture under Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Brandi.

















































Favorite Drink
I love a good PSL (pumpkin spice latte) from Starbucks (did you see my Instagram photo?!), but Fall is my favorite time of the year to start drinking hot tea - just as the nights get colder. For years Teavana has been my go-to place for loose tea that I can steep at home. My all time favorite is their Earl Grey Creme, a black tea that has a creamy vanilla scent and taste. A hot cup of Earl Grey Creme is perfect for sweater weather!


























Favorite Blush
I love pairing my Fall makeup looks with a mauve/sand blush like the one I am currently obsessed with from MAC, their Powder Blush in Mocha. It's a matte blush that looks great on my pale skin and compliments a brown or green eyeshadow. MAC describes Mocha as a "soft pink-plum" color and shows an image on their site that looks more pink. So I snapped the photo below. Belk has it online and the color is more accurate.



























Favorite Clothing Item
Scarves are my go-to clothing item for Fall! I have a huge collection and LOVE wearing them everywhere: to work, out to dinner with my hubby, shopping with friends, even to the playground with my daughter. Scarves are an easy way to update your wardrobe in the Fall and can transform an outfit on the cheap! I'm always on the lookout for new scarves, checking TJ Maxx and Marshalls where I've found beautiful scarves for under $25! Nordstrom always has a great selection of scarves and I love these for Fall:

















































Maison Scotch, Dot Print Scarf in Mauve/Black, $49 (above)

Favorite Fall Movie
All of my favorite Fall movies have to do with witches and were made in the 1990s (when I was a teen). I can't pick just one, which is why I love watching all of these movies in the Fall leading up to Halloween:

Practical Magic (1998) with Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock (below) - how gorgeous is Nicole's hair?!




















The Craft (1996) with Neve Campbell and Robin Tunney (below) - #squadgoals

















Hocus Pocus (1993) with Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker (below)





















Favorite Fall TV Show
How To Get Away With Murder (HTGAWM) became my fav new show last Fall with all of its plot twists and an amazing performance by Viola Davis (who just won an Emmy for Lead Actress in a Drama Series!). IMDB describes the show as "a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant criminal defense professor (Davis) become involved in a twisted murder plot that promises to change the course of their lives."


I was curious to find out what its creator Peter Nowalk (part of Shonda Rhimes' production company Shondaland - think Grey's Anatomy, Scandal) had in store for the sophomore season. After watching Episode 1, Season 2 of HTGAWM I am dying to see more!

















Favorite Thanksgiving Food
Thanksgiving. YUM. The food is all so good, but no turkey dinner is complete for me without cranberry sauce. And not your Nana's chunky cranberry relish. Nope. I'm talking about the jelly that slides out of the can - in the shape of the can! It reminds me of being a kid and it is so good with leftover turkey sandwiches!






















Favorite Halloween Costume
Years ago my husband and I were obsessed with True Blood! We binge watched the seasons together on HBO OnDemand and in 2010 we dressed as vampires for a friend's annual Halloween party. We went all out for the costumes with fake blood on our clothes, vampire caps on our teeth, and I did our makeup. It was the first time I used NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, and it's still a cult favorite! Aren't we cute?





























Now it's your turn! Post your list using the following TAGS:
THE FALL FAVORITES
Favorite Candle
Favorite Lip Color
Favorite Drink
Favorite Blush 
Favorite Clothing Item
Favorite Fall Movie
Favorite Fall TV Show
Favorite Thanksgiving Food
Favorite Halloween Costume

I'm TAGGING some of my fav YouTubers:
Huda Kattan
Nikkitutorials
Kathleen Lights
Shaaanxo
Stephanie Lange
Zoella
Chloe Morello
Carli Bybel
Alex Faction
PatrickStarrr

TRES CHIC:
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Pinterest 

Happy Fall! ~ Staci






















See Jaclyn Hill's FALL FAVORITES TAG Video!



4 comments:

  1. Yes, im of course aware of this, and I'm as excited as everybody. But I know very little about the topic, so I'm not sure if i want to know more about this.
    kitchen hardware exporters in india

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 axis CNC has more than 4 axis will this favorite tag work for that machine too ??

    ReplyDelete