Friday, September 18, 2009

SUPER CHIC IN UTAH


Check out the super chic home furniture and accessories from Alice Lane Home Collection, located in Orem, Utah. They offer design services too!




An excerpt from Sweet Life in the Valley's interview with Jessica, the interior designer behind Alice Lane:

Who or what is your biggest design inspiration?
That is always changing. I still consider myself to be a student. I like to study the Style Makers -Thomas O'Brien, Vincent Wolf, Barbara Barry, Ralph Lauren... They are all originators of design. not imitators. If you're going to be a designer, I think you should offer the world some thing new, a fresh vantage point. I love hearing where they draw their inspiration from. It forces me to look at EVERYTHING differently.

Why did you decide to become an interior designer?
I was born one. It wasn't even a conscious decision I made. I studied Design in School, emphasizing in Graphics and Advertising. When I built my first home, everything I studied 10-15 years earlier came to life. 3-Dimensional design. Not trapped in my computer or on paper it was real. It didn't stop with my home. I jumped into commercial spaces and was starving to know everything I could about the design of Interior Spaces.

Tell us your wildest dream {now dream big} something you would love to do have or be etc :
I feel like I'm living it! I have a retail shop full of all my favorite things. I can finally offered my clients and customers everything I believe in and love. Taking it one step further, we are putting it on-line with the ability to purchase right from the web. We talk about opening multiple store fronts too. Our Customers in Vegas and California are begging us to take it further west.



~I say take it to Boston!




801.802.6266

1350 South State Street

Orem, Utah 84097

No comments:

Post a Comment